Author Topic: Joe Christmas rarities  (Read 1970 times)

Offline porlock

Joe Christmas rarities
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
I found some old posts in the forum archives from a few years ago where some people were circulating a collection of mp3s of Joe Christmas rarities (B-sides from the Coupleskate and Dreaming for the Gold 7-inches and such). Does anyone still have access to these? I would love to hear them.

Offline Keithy Huntington

• Dethroned King
  • Jesus please come soon, this afternoon.
    • View Profile
    • facebook is gay
Re: Joe Christmas rarities
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
i have both 7" i may rip and post them... i'm lazy though... so who knows. :P i'll try to get around to it.
"the chicks dig it, 'cause it reminds them of good times with their old man when they were little."

Offline porlock

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

Offline CalebIsaac

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »
I would love to hear any Joe Christmas rarities. I have all 3 7"s but have not ripped them yet.
banominop

Offline Keithy Huntington

• Dethroned King
  • Jesus please come soon, this afternoon.
    • View Profile
    • facebook is gay
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
oh yeah. i forgot all about this. lol. i should do this still...
"the chicks dig it, 'cause it reminds them of good times with their old man when they were little."

Offline porlock

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »
Any chance of still getting rips of these tracks from anyone? Specifically I am looking for "I'm Not John Travolta" from the Coupleskate 7", "Hesitation, They Knew the Song by the Dance" from the Dreaming for the Gold 7", and "Two Ways a Thousand Times" from the split 7" with Kincaid.

Offline TheMakeoutMelody

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I would also love to get my hands on these files! I still love listening to some Joe Christmas...so good...
"rock n' roll is war!"

Offline porlock

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 09:20:23 AM »
Here's a link to what I have been able to collect:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wew9wtnaghtqv2s/Joe%20Christmas.zip?dl=0

1) The "Oatmeal" demo - early demo versions of Goodbye, Sonnet 61, and Slick Chicken, the original version of Baby Shoes that later showed up on the Fluffy vs. Phantasmic CD, plus two other tracks unavailable elsewhere.

2) Dreaming for the Gold 7" - I actually built this from CD sources - "Dreaming for the Gold" from North to the Future, "Hesitation, They Knew the Song by the Dance" from the Kindercore Fifty comp, and "Doral" from the T&N 4th Anniversary boxset. I'm not 100% sure whether or not "Hesitation" is the same version as on the 7"; it would be great if someone who owns the vinyl could confirm this.

3) Stray tracks:

"I Love Rock N Roll," which is one of the Coupleskate B-Sides, but which is taken here from the Starball Contribution comp

"You're Special to Me," also from Starball Contribution

"(Waiting for) A Love That's Real" (Stryper cover), from the Sweet Family Music Stryper tribute

"Christmas in Cobb County," from the Christmas in Heaven comp

So basically what's missing here is the second Coupleskate B-side ("I'm Not John Travolta") and the song from the Joe Christmas/Kincaid split 7" ("Two Ways a Thousand Times"). It would be great if someone who owns the 7-inches could rip those two tracks.

Enjoy!